- Contestants – Pick up your State Finals back number from Kandi Allen and your State Finals t-shirt from Fran Mabry at the arena 8:30 prior to 1st Go grand entry. If you were selling additional raffle tickets please turn them in at this time also.
- Cinch Team will be recognized during 1st Go – Remember to wear Cinch Team Shirts. Mrs. Mabry will be taking a quick team photo when you pick up your back numbers also.
- There is a Mandatory General Membership meeting approx. 45 minutes following the 1st Go – Election of Officers/Short Go/Nationals
- There will be concessions on Saturday.
- 8th Grade Dinner – Santa Fe Cattle Co. Saturday, approx. 1 hour following 2nd Go.
- All contestants should be present at awards ceremony on Sunday
- National Finals Registration will be immediately following the awards ceremony – All paperwork must be completed and fees paid – BE PREPARED WITH YOUR DECISION
Below is the 1st Go draw for State Finals. Please review to be sure you are listed in all events entered. Shooting Contestants are: Drew Clukey, Grey Wells & Grace Shultz. Remember shooting competition will be Friday, the 12th at 3:00 pm. 2nd Go running order will be the reverse of 1st Go. The Short Go running order will be based on contestant standings after the 2nd Go except for barrels and poles. Numbers will be drawn after 2nd go to determine running order for top 10 barrel and pole contestants.
Stalls will be assigned and labeled with contestant’s name – Hookups will not be assigned, just pick your spot when you arrive.
AJHSRA PARENTS: We need a parent volunteer to be in charge of the Alabama basket for the charity auction at Nationals. Please contact Mark if you would be willing to organize this for our group.
Several have asked about the fees they will need to be prepared to pay at State Finals if their child qualifies for Nationals. We have received the costs for this year and they are the same as last year – Stalls will be $154 per stall for the week and $325 for a hookup for the week. There is no charge for the rodeo events, however, if you choose to participate in the Jackpots it’s $75 (This is optional). If you have family that plans to stay for the week and will need a hook-up on the grounds, it must be reserved and paid for during National sign-up on Sunday as well. It cannot be reserved at a later date. Golf carts will be available for rent to travel around the grounds. These can be reserved online at www.DeverInc.com
National Finals Team Shirts will need to be ordered on Sunday at registration also – the cost will be around $40-$45.
COME PREPARED TO MAKE THE DECISION WHETHER YOU WILL BE GOING TO TENNESSEE OR NOT. ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE COMPLETED AND ALL FEES PAID IN TROY ON SUNDAY.
Below is a copy of the Tentative Schedule of Events/Activities (Updated 04/25/17)
Link to more information on the National Junior High Finals:
Packets must be received by April 29th for contestant to be entered in State Finals.
Anyone interested in running for 2017-2018 AJHSRA QUEEN please contact me at email@example.com or (334)726-3644 and we will get the information out to you. The deadline for all Queen applications will be April 22nd.
Below is a summary of the shooting event rules and guidelines taken from the NHSRA Shooting Sports Guide – For a complete list of rules and guidelines please refer to the NHSRA Shooting Sports Guide inside the Shooting Info tab above. If you have questions you can contact Shane Hammett at 334-354-1454 or Mark Kirkland at 334-726-3644.
Contestants: Half of sponsorship money is due by January 7, 2017. Below is a copy of the sponsorship form. The form along with payment for sponsorships should be sent to Sue Benefield, AJHSRA Treasurer, at the address listed on the form.
AJHSRA Sponsorship Form 2016-2017